Serving the Health & Life Insurance Needs of
Texas, Louisiana & Oklahoma

Recreational Vehicles Insurance


Recreational Vehicles are costly to replace. Make sure if you are in an accident that your vehicle is covered and that your liabilities are met based on the value of your assets. In the event of an accident you can be sued by all involved. The law requires that all road driven vehicles be insured.A recreational vehicle is any vehicle, whether towed or driven that has a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living area. Recreational vehicles include: motor home (class A, B, and C), travel trailer, fifth wheel trailer, popup trailer, and slide-in camper.  All Road Vehicles must carry
auto insurance.
Texas State Regulation
Road Driven Vehicles are required to have insurance coverage that meets or exceeds these standards: - At least $30,000 for bodily injury or death to one person per accident. - At least $60,000 for bodily injury or death to two or more people in an accident. -
At least $25,000 for property damage in an accident.   30/60/25
Remember that if you finance your vehicle, you also will be required to carry complete comprehensive and collision coverage. This is required because your lien holder
will want to be fully reimbursed in the event of a serious accident. This type of coverage is mandatory for someone who owns a car outright - but it reduces the overall coverage you have in the event of a total loss of your vehicle.
If you fail to follow Texas insurance regulations, there are penalties: Driving uninsured will result with a fine of at least $175. If you are fined again, the fees can increase exponentially, and you could lose your driver's license and vehicle if you commit a third offense. Texas also has a category called "sur - chargeable violations" that can result in payment of penalties for consecutive years - it means a single offense could stay with you and your driving record for several years.
There are very few exceptions, if any, to Texas insurance laws. If you have a vehicle, you must insure it. This includes a classic car that's never driven and a car for someone who's overseas for years. Even non-working vehicles must be insured.
Auto Insurance is NOT required on: Off-highway vehicles
However, in Texas, all road going vehicles must be insured constantly. This applies to non-working vehicles as well.
Vehicles must carry auto insurance in order to transfer title. Complete it within 30 days of the sale, and preexisting insurance may be used.
But after 30 days, a new auto insurance policy must be written for the vehicle.
Recreational Vehicle and Motor Home Insurance  Quote 

Battistone Insurance Group
281-391-3133 recreational vehicles insurance motorhome insurance

Home Page